Monday, November 1, 2010

FRENCH SILK CHOCOLATE PIE

This recipe is from Dana Burnson
~I gave the pie a little harvest decoration~
1 pre-cooked pie shell
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
Cream until well blended
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
Blend into butter-sugar mixture
*2 eggs
Add one at a time beating 5 minutes after each egg. Keep Refrigerated
Garnish with whipped cream and pecan halves.
~~~
Dana says--this recipe is from her grandmother Woods who made it each holiday.
It was a favorite so she keeps up the tradition.
~~~~~~~~~~
* My family will not eat raw eggs so I alter the recipe a little. We had a big egg scare here in Minnesota and so we have chosen not to consume raw eggs. Dana assured me that her family has been eating this pie every year since she can remember and NO ONE has gotten sick. I will let you be the judge if you want to make this pie but be sure to keep it in the refrigerator(cold)
ENJOY

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Jenny, this looks delicious Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds special and looks beautiful - I read that using those pasteurized eggs which some in a carton is safe to use "raw" - we have our own chickens so no hesitation to use raw eggs around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a good source of farm fresh eggs I would use the raw ones but right now I am at the mercy of the grocery store:)You never really know how they are really handled

    ReplyDelete