Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Favorite Chicken & Rice Casserole

This is a tried , true, and favorite chicken and rice recipe~our youngest son Daniel especially loves it! This is an easy chicken casserole to make for those nights I am in a hurry , or have unexpected company over for dinner. Pop it into the oven and visit while the whole meal is baking. You will need~
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounce ) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • dash of pepper
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, although I usually use chicken thighs
1. In a 2 quart shallow baking dish, mix soup, water,rice and seasonings. Place chicken on rice mixture. Sprinkle additional paprika and pepper ( I use Johnny's seasoning too )
2. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are done. Sometimes I add cooked broccoli to the rice mixture, this is yummy and you will get the veggies into the one-dish meal !

2 comments:

  1. this looks good I have never made it this way. I like how easy it is and still homemade. I am finding it more difficult to use a lot of boxed ingredients, must be the chemicals they put in them.( or maybe my digestive system is getting old)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this recipe and instead of chicken I used thick boneless pork chops..it turned out good and I didn't have a lot of dirty dishes to clean up thank you Kathy.

    ReplyDelete