Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pinecone Cheese Ball

 This cheese ball recipe was inspired by my husband's sister Jean. She brought a cheese ball to a family gathering last year that caught my eye. I knew right then & there I'd be making one similar and asked for the recipe. She promptly ( she is so good at quick responses like being prompt, R.S.V.P.s and any & all such considerations that really do matter ! ) sent me the recipe which I copied and put away somewhere. I'll find it soon I am sure. Anyway, I improvised until I find the recipe. Take 1 or 2 packages of cream cheese and let warm to room temperature. When the cream cheese is room temperature , knead into it herbs of your choice. We chose basil and dill.With your clean hands, form it into a pear shape. Flatten it onto a plate. Then poke sliced almonds into the  cream cheese imitating the seed pods of a pinecone. I surrounded the cheese ball with rosemary cut from our herb garden. The rosemary grows there all year long. You can plate your cheese ball with any greens you have available. Serve with plenty of crackers , this cheese ball goes fast !

1 comment:

  1. What a creative way to serve a cheeseball. Love it. And that's a very pretty teacup in the background.

    ReplyDelete