Saturday, October 23, 2010

GLAZED PECANS

This recipe comes from a family reunion a few years ago. The author is unknown. I thought it was from my sister Judy but when I called her today she said it was not her recipe. I had a couple of questions and so if you want to claim this recipe I will gladly give you credit
~~~~~

Glazed Pecans

1 cup nuts( you may use another kind)

2 Tablespoons butter

1/2 cup sugar (white)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Line a cookie sheet with foil and grease with butter. Set aside. In an 8 inch skillet combine nuts, sugar and butter. (this is where I had a question) Cook over medium heat until sugar is a rich brown color. (about 10 minutes) Immediately stir in vanilla and spread on cookie sheet. Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in a tightly covered container. Makes about a 1/2 pound. The person who gave this recipe says" We use these as Christmas gifts and are very good"
~~~~~
I would agree. I used a cast iron skillet and wondered if that may have altered the color at all ...I would also like to caution the baking time is sensitive to burning so you may have to alter your heat a little. I cooked them until the sugar mixture was like caramel and almost burned them. I am going to try again and cook the sugar and butter first, then add the pecans, to see if this will make a difference.

~ENJOY~

2 comments:

  1. A mystery! Can't be too hard to find out though, there were only so many people at the reunion, and they are all related to us~these do look tasty and I think I will make them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very good and I think they will make a nice hotess gift at the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete