Monday, October 25, 2010

COCONUT BON BONS

This recipe comes from Josh, Margarita and Olivia Burnson. They got the recipe from Dana Burnson, Josh's mother(my cousin-in-law) who said it comes from her sister.
The Burnson Family says...
We love them and our family makes them every year around Christmas.
_________________
1 box (4cups) powdered sugar
1/2 stick melted butter( I used 1/4 cup)
1 1/2 cups coconut
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

mix this together and roll into balls
chill for 1/2 to 1 hour.
~after chilling~
1-12 ounce package chocolate chips
( I used milk chocolate because that is all I had)
1/16 pound parowax
(I used 2Tablespoon shortening instead I didn't have any wax)
melt together in double boiler
dip balls into melted chocolate, put onto wax paper lined cookie sheet.
~~~~~
I chilled them and think maybe they should be kept in the refrigerator in a closed container.
These are very good and I have a few ideas how to alter them like adding roasted almonds to make them like an almond joy candy bar maybe even adding a little almond extract but not more than 1/4 of teaspoon also the semi-sweet chocolate might go better for those of you who like the dark chocolate.
~ENJOY~

No comments:

Post a Comment