Saturday, September 11, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I received this recipe for Chocolate Chip cookies more than 20 years ago from a friend. I have tried many chocolate chip recipes but this one surpasses them all. Our kids entered the cookies using this recipe in the local fairs and believe me, they are prize winning cookies. Our son David won Grand Champion for his cookies one year, and there were many cookies entered in the competition.

You will need:
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 pound of softened butter ( please use real butter)
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons real vanilla
  • 5 cups of flour
  • dash of salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3 cups chocolate ( real chocolate ) chips
  • 3 cups chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
Cream thoroughly in your mixer the brown sugar, sugar, and butter, then beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.Add and beat in the vanilla. Sift together the flour,salt, and baking soda and slowly add it to the creamed mixture. When the cookie dough is mixed well, stir in the nuts and chips. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. One of the secrets of this recipe is to bake until barely brown, remove from the oven and you will have chewy cookies. The best!

Sometimes it is fun to buy 3 or 4 different types of chips~ peanut butter chips, toffee chips, butter brickle, etc. and I usually add at least a cup more of chips than the recipe calls for. I have also broken up rich chocolate candy bars to add to these cookies. Any of you chocolate lovers can come up with many more excellent ideas.
Oh so delicious!

2 comments:

  1. These look really good and I will have to try them soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the best I've had. I like to use the Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate chips because they add a richness and make the cookies not as sweet. If I have to make them without real butter I've found I prefer to substitute with Shortening rather than Nucoa margarine.

    ReplyDelete