Thursday, September 9, 2010

AUTUMN CHICKEN SALAD

This chicken salad is easy and really tasty, the grapes, walnuts and crasins help to give it a fall feeling.
We eat a lot of chicken salad so I am always looking to change it up a bit. This is also an easy recipe to change to everyones tastes. You start with 1/2 cooked chicken breast, this is where you can add some flavor depending on how you cook it or wether you are using a left over one. I cooked mine in lemon and garlic so there. was just a hint of those flavors . Then I added 3 chopped green onions, 1 stalk of celery chopped( large or small depending on what you like) sometimes I like to make it chunky if it is going to be for just salad but if it is going on a sandwhich I like to cut things a little smaller. We now add 2 tablespoons crasins and a handful of cut red grapes. I used organic ones that were on sale so they were biggger then the usual grapes I use and so I cut them in fourths.....
I now add 1/4 cup mayonaise , 1/4 cup Mircle Whip and 1 teaspoon deli mustard. You may add salt and pepper but my chicken was already well seasoned so I did not. The last ingredient is 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, this brings a nice crunch to the mix....

Mix it all together and put on toast or any bread you like also good on a lettuce leaf or in a tomato that has been scooped put, to really mix it up you could add some cooked pasta and make it into a side salad. This should make enough for 2-3 sandwiches maybe four if you stretch it.If you chose to try adding the pasta you will have to increase the mayo mix.I would start with 1/2 cup of curly pasta or maybe a cup.
~ENJOY~



1 comment:

  1. I am thinking this sounds like a recipe I want to make this weekend, I love this salad!

    ReplyDelete