Saturday, May 15, 2010

COTTAGE BREAKFAST POTATOES

I start with 4 or 5 medium potatoes, peeled.

Heat the pan on medium with 2 Tablespoons oil
and 2 Tablespoons butter, (you don't want to burn the butter)
you may add a little more oil if that isn't enough in your pan.

Cube the potatoes and add in the hot pan

stir around a little then add seasoning
1/2 teaspoon season salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper
(more or less depending on your taste)

cook potatoes until browned
this will take around 15 minutes, stir every few minutes
then add 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
and 1/4 cup onion chopped

stir often until peppers and onion are tender

I like to serve this with and omelete or scrambled eggs, a fresh muffin and some fruit
It is really good for a brunch.
ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Although I do not like potatoes, I think I would make these for company or dinner some evenings, I know the rest of the family would very much like these Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recipe the other day and used maple flavored bacon ( cooked and chopped) and sweet onions (sauteed) it was really good and could be used for breakfast or dinner. I did not use the green pepper this time.

    ReplyDelete